Many ways to serve. Many ways to make a difference.
Throughout the month, the outreach team takes the ministry to the streets. This is often our first point of contact, which we consider the first step in getting victims to the path of freedom. To find out more about this ministry visit out STREET MINISTRY page.
GETTING STARTED IN STREET MINISTRY:
1. Apply to be a part of the team by submitting an application and attending training. This position requires that people on this team establish trust, they must be available twice a month, usually the 1st and 3rd weeks of the month.
ADDITIONAL WAYS TO SUPPPORT STREET MINISTRY:
1.. Sign up to make sandwiches and pack food bags.
2.. Sign up to pray for the teams as they go out.
Contact Scarlet Hudson for more information:
Currently we have two day centers that provide resources and a place of respite for our friends from the streets. For more about the ministry done at our day centers, visit our DAY MINISTRY page.
WAYS TO SERVE THE DAY CENTER MINISTRY:
1. Client Involvement- This position will work directly with the clients. Because clients are slow to build trust, and fast to lose it, those in this position must be willing to serve one day a week at the day center, from 11-2.
2. Facility & Operation Support- This position works behind the scene doing what needs to be done to keep the center functioning. Some of the tasks associated with this position would be light cleaning, sorting and folding clothes, helping to serve lunch to clients, packing food and hygiene bags, etc. If you have an interest in this position, let us know. To serve in this position you must be available at least once a month to serve when the center is open.
3. Meal Schedule Coordinator- This position would oversee and manage the meal schedule for the center. They will communicate directly with those preparing the meals to ensure they have the information they need. It requires someone who is organized and doesn't have a problem with making phone calls or messaging people. This could be a work from home position.
3. Meal Provider- Every day that our centers are open we provide a warm meal to our clients. This position requires a lot of people and for the most part can be done from your home.